Rules of Kennel Lands (All dogs except Service Dogs)
Anyone wishing to take part in coursing activities must be at least 18 years of age. Anyone under 18 years of age must be accompanied by parent or guardian & sign special waivers.
Anyone bringing a hound/dog to take part in Coursing Activities must pre-register/pre-pay for Gulf Wars, using any of the available methods prior to the regular posted pre-registration deadlines. Please also indicate on your registration that you will be camping in Kennel Lands; this will allow for space to be set aside for you and your hound/s. If you do not pre-register, you will not be allowed to bring your hound/dog on site. Lastly, please send an email to the Kennel Lands Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org ) to let us know you’ll be joining us, including the number of hounds and
humans attending. We’ll get you connected with the Kennel Lands Community so we can plan camp logistics, etc.
All hounds/dogs taking part in coursing activities MUST be housed at Kennel Lands, waivers need to be signed and site tags will be issued that must be worn at all times (exceptions for Service Dogs will be made on a case by case basis). Kennel Lands supporters (gentles who are not accompanied by hounds, or accompanying those with hounds) are also welcome to camp in Kennel Lands, however pre-registration (as camping with “Kennel Lands”) by posted deadlines and an email to the Coordinator are still required. Please understand that if you camp in Kennel Lands, you may be asked to help with the hounds. Hounds also sometimes make noise and are occasionally associated with unpleasant smells – please be aware of this!
All hounds/dogs must have the following:
- Rabies certificate (tags alone do not count) with your vet’s contact information.
- Proof of Kennel Cough shot due to the close proximity of strange hounds/dogs and the change in climate.
- Turn-out pen
- Crate or someplace for your hound to have privacy and rest
- Leash (hound/dog must be leashed at all times when not in turn-out pen, crate, or with owner/handler in attendance)
- Poop bags (to clean up after your hound/dog)
- First-aid kit for hound/dog
- Food & water for the week
- No female hounds in season will be allowed on site.
- Hounds/dogs must have a handler with them at all times.
If your hound/dog causes problems you may be asked to remove it from site.
Breeds other than Greyhounds:
- You will need to provide documentation before January 31 st that your breed would have coursed in period. There is an approval process involving the Kennel Lands Coordinator, the Autocrat(s), and the Site Owner, which needs time to be accomplished. We will let you know the outcome as soon as we can. Once a breed is approved, it will be added to the Approved List (below) – you will not need to repeat the process every year.
- There will be absolutely no mixed breeds allowed.
- Breeds presently approved are: Greyhounds, Italian Greyhounds, Irish Wolfhounds, Scottish Deerhounds, Borzoi, Cane Corso, Mastiffs, Vizsla and Salukis.Breeds presently approved are: Greyhounds, Italian Greyhounds, Irish Wolfhounds, Scottish Deerhounds, Borzoi, Cane Corso, Mastiffs, Vizsla and Salukis.
- Unless otherwise announced, no fosterlings will be available for adoption at Gulf Wars.
- We will have activities during the week for the hounds/dogs on Kennel Lands; check the Main Schedule for Coursing events.
- There will also be classes offered daily in out Art/Sci tent, located in front of camp. If you wish to teach a class, contact the coordinator at Coordinator email@example.com or submit via the online class form.