The Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. (SCA) welcomes members of the press who wish to cover Gulf Wars XXI.
Press tours may be scheduled Monday - Friday of Gulf Wars between 9am-4pm. Members of the media will be escorted through the site by a media liaison. Background information and a press packet will be provided to the media at the front gate when they arrive as part of these tours. To schedule a complimentary tour, please contact
NON-PRESS COMMERCIAL PHOTOGRAPHERS, FILMMAKERS AND DOCUMENTARY FILM AND TV CREWS
Commercial/documentary video/film crews and commercial photographers wishing to record activities at Gulf War XXI must:
- Seek permission to film from the Society for Creative Anachronism no later than January 31, 2012 AND
- Adhere to the SCA Commercial/Documentary Filming Guidelines.
- Submit a Proposal with your request to film. Proposals must include:
- A description of your project
- The dates you would like to visit
- A proposed list of subjects you would like to shoot
- A description of the end use of the project (sale of dvd by website, sale of completed piece to a distributor, use in X publication etc.)
- A description of your target audience. (Viewers of local cable channel, readers of AARP magazine, etc)
- A professional CV listing your credentials or links to your organization’s website for verification of professional identity.
- Contact information
These requirements apply to all professional video/film crews and still photographers taking photographs for resale who wish to work independently and record activities at Gulf War XXI for future commercial use. Crews who arrive at the event without prior permission, and those who setup or film without permission, will be asked to leave, and permission to use the material filmed at the event will be withheld.
To seek permission to film activities at Gulf War XXI, contact the Society Media Relations Officer AND Sheila Doughty, Kingdom of Gleann Abhann Media Relations Officer at 501-269-2489; email:
ADDITIONAL PRESS LINKS: