Come explore the grace and energy of European-style dance, coordinated by Lady Rebecca Whieldon Pyke. Classes are scheduled each afternoon throughout the week in the Dance Tent outside Bede Hall. The complete
class schedule may be found here: Gulf Wars 2020.
Note that this schedule is subject to change. Descriptions for each class may be found in the general A&S class schedule. In the afternoons on Sunday and Saturday (bracketing the full week of classes), there will be an open dance workshop. All are welcome to come by the Dance Tent outside Bede Hall to discuss dances, work on reconstructions, and do other dance-related activities.
Set lists for all the balls may be found here: Gulf Wars 2019 Set Lists.
Note for musicians wishing to participate and play for dancers during the Gulf Wars Balls:
The following criteria will be necessary to participate in the dance musicians pit during the evening Gulf Wars:
● You must be able to have some entry level sightreading skill using standard musical notation. This
includes percussionist as well.
● You must perform on acoustical instruments (this includes modern acoustical instruments)
● We will be using a standard pitch of A=440
● We will be using the following books for most of the dances:
- Early Period and Popular Dance Music (4th Edition)(Copies of this book will be available for use and for purchase at the balls)
- Pennsic Pile (July 2018 Edition)
- The master list of all dances done at the balls at Gulf Wars may be found here: Master Dance List.